Pages

Powered By Blogger

Friday, August 18, 2006

4. Forced Sabbatical - Story of A Euphemism - I

POST TYPE : DIARY ---- MOOD : KINDA
LISTENING TO -> KANK - Mitwa

My internet hours wound up on me, so I ended up in the lurch for a week, not able to update, connect, contact, communicate.
Thats the word for it. Forced Sabbatical. Means a holiday I didn't want to take.
My friends in AITEC (my college, for the uninitiated) would know what I'm talking about. We used to call flunked papers "Compulsory Improvements". As you all know, I have more than a handful (literally , if you think 5, as in 5 fingers, is a handful) of those.

Euphemisms surround us. They're all around us, because we, ^normal^ human beings can't take the truth. I can't face the music if it ain't my genre. Hell, I couldn't take it if it was anything other than what I expected, or if it came at a time I didn't expect it to.
We somehow, believe that truth is like those bitter pills you have to take sometimes. The kind that almost make you imagine a smirk of sadistic satisfaction on your doctor's face as he prescribes them...AND on the chemist's as he walks in to get the strip of evil medicine. That's what we think the reality of life is.

That all we have to do is take it with a glass of water, and forget about the taste. The medicine would go in and do its work as required of it...anyway. Right?
Not quite.

Truths in life have a bad way of working as medicine only if you feel the taste, which, more often than not, is bitter. Explains in a way why people like to believe in love. People with a sweeet trooth ;).

I was just reading my friend Mahadevan's blog out here, his vent against the medi ...

Do read the comments to know what It was about before Imessed with it.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just agree to some of the points mentioned above...like the one that 'we don't need water
(I mean from the 'Glitzy Packagers') to push those pills down the throat'....Thats true...its also true that people are beyond repair...to some extent...

But the notion that all pills are bitter ain't the reality.....and the reality of life is not always as evil as the 'evil strip of medicine'..there are many ways to look at it...Some realities are encouraging tooooo...Yup!I agree that mostly they are not as visible to us as those disparaging counterparts....

And I would like to add that actually its those people who believe in love who suffer and who inspite of everything LOVE to take those bitter pills...(They know that those are actually sugar coated ones!!!!!!!..But still....You know...)...They actually know the Truth of the "Sweet Trooth ;)"...

The 'Taste buds' of the actual Child of the mOtherland are not Numb...Yeah!for few seconds or days...Numbness does subside...Its not ETERNAL...and thats when the new day comes with rays of hope and energy and the quality of VALOUR..

Its our responsibility to bring in the initiative and courage and boss ourselves...I mean it may seem the same old refrain but I do believe in this ...Really do...i do feel the shock...the "Numbness" but come on at some point of time the shroud of glooom sheds off....and its that moment when we stop "swallowing everything"....
Afterall its better to Live with Optimism than "EXISTING NUMB!!after swallowing JUST everything for the sake of MERE existence"...That's Bullish......
Bulish are those for whom patriotism lies beneath relationship...afterall if we all were patriotic enough then this day wouldn't have come...Patriotism is not just entanglement of mere alphabets...it's not hoisting the flag on national holidays..nor is it just singing some paragraphs in attention position....it's not leaving all responsibilities to those corrupt politicians..to those handful policemen...

Today the "trampled" themselves along with us ..all are responsible for everything...I know I may sound a bit harsh but this is a bitter pill tooo........the Trampled get Tonns of thousands for being numb...But what about the whole mankind who as a single entity goes numb...

Come on yaar..Jiyo Jee Bhar Ke...Jo hona hoga wo toh ho ke rahega...

And I dont wash off every single bit of credit from those "Self important hairs under the SPOTLIGHT"...they also sometimes (accidentally hi sahi) do good..........Did you forget the 26/7 when all the services were impaired except those Newswalas...Try to see both side sof the coin...........

Nobody is faceless...the very fact that you say that Mumbaikars are not brave tells that according to you the face of a mumbaikar is that of a Coward....
Who is born brave????????...its the situation that inculcates the feeling...and I am sure that the tireness after every shock makes the Mumbaikar more Brave...maybe "used to" in your context...

Mayank said...

I liked this one...

Agree with the part about the numbness (purported as bravery) of Mumbaikars.