Pages

Powered By Blogger

Thursday, August 03, 2006

3. A Day at a time

POST TYPE : DIARY ---- MOOD : OKAY
LISTENING TO -> Linkin Park - My December


I'm back.

I forgot to tell you who I am, despite that longer-than-average intro post.
I'm HKT, Computer engineering graduate(?) from Amrita Institute of Tech n Science, Kollam, Kerala University, title to more than a dozen marksheets, with "passed" and "failed" finding equal representation in the result column, privileged with unmentionables in percentage terms, and a new-found confidence in life, bordering on insanity.
Am in the process of preparing for CAT(Common Admission Test for MBA) and mailing umpteen copies of my resume to companies who're looking for a company mascot, along the lines of the Michelin man :).
Bottomline - If failure was the stepping stone to success, I'm rrrrrrready for some actio...erm..Success NOW.

But thats history, and will be dealt with (fortunately) rather briefly in my posts. When you've had as much experience with ~trying to attain~ success as I have, you tend to pay as little attention to the unpalatable topic as possible.
Besides that, I have a rather conspicuous affinity to The Matrix trilogy among films, superhero flicks/kungfu fight-fests/cheesy love stories/Jim carrey or Adam Sandler comedies, and other thought-provoking/tear-jerking/rib-tickling stuff *hehe* in general. Books - restricted to spiritual or soothing/disturbing stuff. Richard Bach. The Sidney Sheldon-Jeffrey Archer brand of "thriller" usually puts me off. I like authors who are insightful, not manipulative. No offence to people who swear by Sidney's ilk...I'd pick one of those up too...on a desperate day though ;)

Now to the matter at hand. I'm thinking what to write today.
Words can be a pain when grappling with a new idea and a not-so-extensive vocabulary at the same time.
But thankfully, I have NO new idea to share today.Isn't that a relief (its a relief I'm not writing this blog for money) .
When the blue moon comes out, I'll definitely let you guys know.

So right now I'm stuck to wrestling with my vocabulary, which might be a strange sentence to hear me say for quite a few people who know me. Vocabulary has never been counted among my startlingly high number of Achilles' heels. But I've been attending these CAT classes, for a week and some more now, and I've proved, inevitably, that I ain't Mr.Words after all.
For someone who's done his degree course as royally as ^THAT^, it was undeniably SOME comfort to hear a good word or two. Fool's or not, paradise is paradise, after all.

So the vocabulary class stripped me of that medal of honor, but it was rather comforting in a different way. Its good to know I've got stuff to learn, and that I'm actually interested in it for a change. I wouldn't dream of writing a diary entry, let alone a blog post on studying, a year or two back.
So I'm back to boot camp, and its a kinda-good feeling.

I've got an 'article post' coming up next, so beware. Lol just kidding...Its a thought I had in the last three days. See what you think of it. If I tell you what its about, you'll run away cuz
1. I'm not very good at describing stuff
2. Its not a topic you'd start talking about on any given rainy day, but you've thought about it, atleast at the very back of your mind.

QUOTE : Never think twice. Your opponent might get third time lucky.

PS : One of my friends hinted to me that I shouldn't blog for popularity. But believe me, I'm prepared for all those side-effects. ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WHO TOLD YOU ARE THE MR.WORD?????????
Rather you are the Mr.Word in the MAKING....:)

Its better to know that good words made you feel good...
But those were real not meant to flatter anybody...Really...